So far, progress progress started well but has been relatively slow. Assembly went together pretty quick and relatively easily, but painting has been a slower process.
In the pattern of my current process I assembled the whole model (minus the tech marine pilots) and began priming then applying base coats to the models.
For some reason which I now regret a little, I decided to pre-shade the models. On the 1st I used thinned GW black paint and on the second I used Vallejo grey primer over the white primer. This was a bit of an experiment to see what the effect would be especially since the black paint is so much darker than the grey primer. Next time I may attempt just using different shades of yellow to shade.
As it turned out there was not much of a difference when the base yellow went over both colours, as they both covered about the same. The Vallejo is easier to acquire and apply, as it comes in a handy airbrush-ready dropper bottle and is pre-thinned.