I actually finished painting him up a few weeks ago, and I’m pleased with the effort I put into him. I was going to post more progress on him but I’ve been very busy recently and so have only just got around to it, while sporadically working on the model.
I had some trouble with this model, due to a bad Finecast mould. In particular the Bosspole on his back was warped, and even though I considered warm-bending it back, I think it would eventually bend back and would be very annoying to deal with on a painted model.
With that in mind, I replaced the bar of the Bosspole with a piece of sprue that I shaved down and applied a magnet to it, making it easily detachable for transportation purposes.
Painting this model was a lot of fun too, and a little tricky, but rewarding. I think I managed a good effect on the abundance of wiring all over the model. You do have to use your imagination a bit to figure out where the wires would run to make the colours consistent.